The History of Huronia Autowreckers Ltd.

Huronia Auto Wreckers & Recycling Limited originally known as Hodgin's Autowreckers started in the late 1950's. In 1984 the owner of Hodgin's sold the business to Charlie McLaughlin. It continued to operate under the Hodgin's name until 1988 when it was purchased by Jim Stanley and John Squire, owners of Martin Ready-Mix & Materials Limited.

The business name was then changed to Huronia Auto Wreckers & Recycling Limited. Not long after that in 1989 Jim and John added the Roll-Off Container business which was owned by Cliff Marshall of Collingwood. This division is called Huronia Container Service.

Steady Growth

Over the years we have grown steadily adding a new steel sales division, which sell reinforcing, structural and miscellaneous steels. We have also increased our recycling business by improving the sorting, handling and processing of all of our ferrous and non-ferrous materials.

We have upgraded our delivery fleet and added more roll-off containers to better serve our customers and to broaden our operating area.

In 1998 we built a shop to better process our automobile scrap in an environmentally friendly manner. In the shop we are able to remove all fluids and resaleable parts.

In 2000 a 60 ft truck scale and printer were added for accurate weighing of all materials coming in and out of our yard.

Huronia Auto Wreckers & Recycling Ltd. is proud to be a locally owned and managed business operating in the Georgian Triangle Area of Ontario. We employ local people and purchase our goods and services locally.


Quick Contact

 

Location

Location

We are located on 9325 Beachwood Drive (Old Hwy 26) between Collingwood and Wasaga Beach.
705-445-4440

Read more..